This is YOUR neighborhood. We can help you have a greater say in what happens here.
Southwest Boston CDC brings Hyde Park and Roslindale residents together to solve problems, improve neighborhoods, and gain greater control over their community’s future.
We do this by supporting residents in identifying the issues they want to address, and helping them develop the skills they need to implement the plans they create.
Our organizing efforts respond to the issues that residents raise in their neighborhoods in Hyde Park and Roslindale.
Our main organizing committee is called POHWER (People of Hyde Park Wanting Equal Representation: for an inclusionary vision of Hyde Park). It’s made up of tenants and homeowners who are diverse in many ways, but all care about making improvements to their neighborhood. The commitee is now working on:
– Ensuring that Hyde Park — and all residents of Hyde Park — have leadership opportunities and a fair share of the resources and attention needed for a strong quality of life for all
– Preserving and expanding the number of affordable homes
– Ensuring new development in Hyde Park reflects what local residents want and need, with a focus on preventing displacement of current community members
– Restoring local parks that have become blighted from lack of investment
– Developing a greenway/walkway along the Neponset River
– Considering other issues that emerge from members of the community, like you
POHWER meets on the 4th Thursday of the month at 11 Fairmount Ave, Room 103.
Everyone is welcome! Get in touch to learn more. Contact Alex Nadel: 617-364-7300 x 24
Or, stay in touch with the group’s Facebook page